The Powerhouse Theatre Artistic Committee is pleased to invite members interested in directing a one act play this fall to submit their interest by August 13, 2017. While primarily an opportunity for those new to directing, those with previous directing experience may also be considered at the committees discretion. Directors will be mentored by an experienced Powerhouse Director and a workshop focused on production elements will also be offered. Details of the workshop will be determined once interested parties have submitted their applications.
The timeline for the two – one acts is as follows, subject to change.
August 13 – deadline to apply
September 10 – directors, plays and workshop details & dates announced
October 30 – open play readings
November 4 – auditions
November 6 – rehearsals begin (exact dates TBA)
December 4 & 5 – tech & dress rehearsals
December 6, 7, 8 – performances
To apply please submit the following to Janet Anderson, Powerhouse Artistic Committee, at email@example.com by August 13, 2017.
- Name, phone number and email address
- Availability September – December, 2017
- Theatre resume – previous directing experience is not required
- The title of the play(s) you would like to direct, AND a copy of the script if you have one electronically (preferred!), or if a hard copy, what arrangements can be made for the committee to access the play
- A paragraph or two outlining why you would like to direct, why you chose the play(s) you are submitting, and what you would like to accomplish/learn from the directing, mentoring & workshop opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Artistic Committee – Janet Anderson, Bev Steeves, Sandy Behan and Tanya Laing Gahr