- Sit on the board as a participatory member involved in the decision making of Powerhouse Society’s Board of Directors.
- Represent the Society to the Community with regard to standards, reputation and growth.
- Invest time reading scripts to make suggestions and keep an artistic influence that supports the purpose of the society.
- Deputize or serve for President if required.
- Take charge of finding resolutions to “situations” that may occur during each production.
- Represent Board to all production cast and crew, in regard to club values, procedures and artistic vision.
- Attend all Board and General Meetings – present reports.
- Organize Artistic Committee Meetings (if on Artistic Committee)
- Finalize plays, directors and production dates and present to Board for approval. If not a member of Artistic Committee, report to Board on A.C. activities.
- Attend rehearsals occasionally, especially nearing production.
- Discuss plays, production dates and rehearsal schedules with potential directors. Co-ordinate dates with Rentals.
- Order scripts (perusal and production)
- Negotiate production rights with authors or publishers.
- Attend auditions – assist directors with casting
- Provide directorial assistance, advice, or if required – direction.
- Seek producers if required.
- Organize and mediate post mortem of all productions.
- Make sure that all royalties are paid prior to when they are due.
Annual/As per needed
- Liaise with Props Room Manager as required.
- Liaise with Photographer as required.
- Liaise with Costumes Manager as required.
- Liaise with Scholarship Committee as required.
- Liaise with Script Librarian as required.