Responsible for the management of the condition and functioning of the building’s structure and all of the equipment and services used by the theatre. Engages all contractors and oversees their work to ensure that all required and desired standards are met. Oversees Sound and Lighting Managers, Scene Shop Manager, Safety Officer and Maintenance personnel.
- Manage and be responsible for the budget for Building and Equipment Improvements, and the Repairs and Maintenance of the Building and all the Equipment.
- Ensure that all copies of the Powerhouse Theatre Operations Manual are up to date.
- Carry out or engage the services of knowledgeable members or the designated professionals for all regularly scheduled tasks listed in the Operations Manual according to the Canada Safety Act.
- Ensure that the Pre Show check has been done and recorded prior to each run.
- Ensure that All Regularly Scheduled Safety Checks are done and recorded in the Record Book at the front of the theatre.
- Regularly check that all Safety Procedures are followed in the operation of the theatre and the presentation of productions.
- Oversee the operation of the Scene Shop and its equipment, ensuring that all tools are kept in a safe operating condition and that safety notices are posted in appropriate places.
- Oversee and liaise with the cleaning staff.
- Arrange for the regular procurement of disposable items such as light bulbs and office supplies, etc.
- Program Heating/ Cooling Schedules and facilitate garbage and recycle pick-up.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of all equipment and furniture for insurance purposes.