This is an elected Board position to the Powerhouse Theatrical Society’s Board of Directors.
The VP of Facilities will:
- Be responsible for the safe management, condition and functioning of the building’s structure and all the equipment and services used by the theatre;
- Engage all contractors and oversees their work to ensure that all required and desired standards are met;
- Be responsible for sound, lighting and scene shop equipment;
- Oversee the safety officer and maintenance personnel.
The VP of Facilities will have a basic knowledge of:
- building structure and construction
- heating and cooling systems
- carpentry skills
- theatre equipment: lighting, sound, rigging
- building Codes and safety regulations
- computer skills
They should possess the following characteristics:
- good people skills
- resourceful problem solver
- enjoy challenges
- Attend Board and General Meetings and present reports.
- Ensure that all copies of the Powerhouse Theatre Operations Manual are up to date.
- Carry out or engage the services of knowledgeable members or the designated professionals for all regularly scheduled tasks listed in the Operations Manual according to the Canada Safety Act.
- Ensure that the pre-show check has been done and recorded prior to each run.
- Ensure that all regularly scheduled safety checks are done and recorded in the Record Book at the front of the theatre.
- Regularly check that all safety procedures are followed in the operation of the theatre and the presentation of productions.
- Oversee the operation of the scene shop and its equipment, ensuring that all tools are kept in a safe operating condition and that safety notices are posted in appropriate places.
- Oversee and liaise with the cleaning staff.
- Arrange for the regular procurement of disposable items such as light bulbs and office supplies, etc.
- Program heating/cooling schedules and facilitate garbage and recycle pick-up.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of all equipment and furniture for insurance purposes.
- Coordinate with VP Productions regarding the acquisition and maintenance of sound and lighting equipment.
Liaise as Needed With:
- Scene shop manager
- Lighting manager
- Sound manager
- Safety office
- Maintenance personnel
- Cleaning staff
- Rental manager
- Costume manager
- Tech producers