The treasurer has the primary responsibility of overseeing the management and reporting of the organization’s finances.
- Sit as a decision making member of the board of directors
- Participate in all matters related to the sound management and fiscal responsibilities of the society
- Ensure the accuracy of the accounting records to both content and form
- Report the financial position of the Society to the board of directors
- Provide advice to the board of directors on all financial matters
- Ensure that accurate financial records are provided to the accountants at the end of the fiscal year for preparation of the Financial Statements
- Assist production and festival teams with guidance in accounting matters
- Prepare the budget for the next fiscal year
- Report the financial position of the Society to the members at the AGM.
Working with the Bookkeeper and Other Members
- Supervise the bookkeeper in the monthly tasks
- Review the bank statements
- Review the financial statements and adjust when necessary
- Post the yearly adjusting entries
- Assist in the reimbursement of members out of pocket costs
- Assist with the recording and reconciling of production advances
- Request information from all concerned in the preparation of the annual and production budgets
- Review costume, bar and rental managers financial reports
- Ensure that all government reports are filed
There is to be no disposal or sale of any asset of Powerhouse Theatrical Society, without the express permission of a department head or director. There are no exceptions to this policy. This includes but is not limited to props, sound equipment, lighting equipment, tools or costumes.