Sit as a decision making member of Powerhouse Theatrical Society Board of directors and participate in all matters related to the sound management and fiscal responsibilities of the society.
Additionally, carry out the duties for the specific function of overseeing the social functions of the Board, the Powerhouse Membership and the public by ensuring the following:
Working with the Board
- Assist Board members, when requested, with specific tasks, additional to this job description.
- Attend all Board meetings and prepare a monthly report to the Board.
- Attend all General meetings.
Working with the General Membership and the Public
- Organize and oversee Open Houses for the purpose of bringing awareness of the activities of the Powerhouse to the public.
- Encourage Powerhouse members to become active members and to take on the many artistic or organizational opportunities available.
- Under the guidance of the Communications/Publicity Director monitor regularly the Powerhouse landing site to determine the interests expressed by the public and report those trends to the Board.
- Organize and oversee regular play readings of plays recommended by the Board, members of the Powerhouse or general public.
- Organize the Summer Party.
- Prepare and deliver food baskets for the cast and crew of each play on opening night.
- Under the guidance of the Communications/Publicity Director Continue to develop and monitor Powerhouse Social Media sites: Facebook, Twitter and others that might be available.
There is to be no disposal or sale of any asset of Powerhouse Theatrical Society, without the express permission of a department head or director. There are no exceptions to this policy. This includes but is not limited to props, sound equipment, lighting equipment, tools or costumes.