- Have a basic understanding of Robert’s Rules.
- Preside over Board and General Meetings (including the AGM).
- Be fully aware of the tasks of other Board Members, and encourage and advise them.
- Have an in depth understanding of the Powerhouse Theatrical Society, its Constitution and Bylaws.
- Continually find ways to make our theatre run more efficiently.
- Listen to and act on the concerns of the membership.
- Stay current with Policies and news.
- Have the necessary time available to perform your duties.
- Appoint representatives to represent the Powerhouse at the O-Zone Board of Theatre BC
- Appoint Directors to perform specific tasks (including one for each committee)
- Help, or find help to problem solve interpersonal ‘situations’
- With the Secretary create an Agenda for each upcoming Board or General meeting.
- Stay informed about the current production, and attend some of the production meetings, and rehearsals.
- Send a monthly ‘President’s Message’ to the Spotlight Editor.
- Tour the theatre during construction work parties and rehearsals to ensure that our members are operating machinery in a safe manner, and to confirm that those involved in a production are performing their specific tasks in a safe manner.
- Continually advise others of changes and protocol at the theatre.