- Arrange with someone who has a SERVING IT RIGHT certification to purchase two boxes of white wine and one box of red wine. Check first with the bar manager as he/she might be willing to do this.
- This person will be required to attend the foyer bar to serve drinks to the patrons before the show.
- The coordinator is responsible to provide light appetizers such as cheese and crackers, fruit pieces with a dip and any other sort of nibbles that go nicely with wine. Also provide a non-alcoholic punch for non-drinkers. Please prepare all hot food for opening night in the Green Room, and then it can be carried up to the Foyer and served.
- It is suggested that you read the script to get an idea of a possible theme that could be used in the presentation of the food and wine.
- Ensure that there are enough napkins and any other supplies that you might need. The bar manager purchases the plastic wine glasses which can be used for both the wine and the punch.
- Obtain the budget amount from the administrative producer for the purchase of the refreshments and serving necessities. If possible try to obtain some donations of food. Ensure that these patrons are recognized in the program. If the contribution is substantial, complimentary tickets to the play can be obtained for the donor from the administrative producer.
- The refreshments are to be set out on small tables in the front foyer. Wine should be pre-poured and placed on serving trays and distributed. Each person is entitled to one glass of wine and they may help themselves to the appetizers.
- When the audience is in the auditorium clear the foyer of tables and food. Any extra wine should be left in the fridge to be incorporated into the general bar stock. Any left over food can be taken to the green room for the cast and crew.
There is to be no disposal or sale of any asset of Powerhouse Theatrical Society, without the express permission of a department head or director. There are no exceptions to this policy. This includes but is not limited to props, sound equipment, lighting equipment, tools or costumes.