FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
(updated October 2018)
This is a position that is appointed by the administrative producer for each production.
The FOH manager will be responsible for organizing a three person team for each night of the production and ensuring that there are adequate supplies for the FOH concession.
- Good people skills
- Team leader
- Ability to purchase supplies as needed
- Organize the volunteers for each night of the production. A membership list can be obtained from the Board appointed membership coordinator.
- Ensure that each volunteer has been given the training session on the emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provide each worker with the FOH instructions as provided in the binder at the FOH concession. It is best if this is emailed to the workers prior to the beginning of their shift.
- Prepare a list of workers and their phone numbers for placement on the FOH fridge. Underline the name of the individual who will act as the head usher for each performance.
- Purchase any supplies required to provide coffee. The pop and water will be provided by the bar manager. Turn in receipts to the admin producer for reimbursement.
- Confirm that the bar manager will have a float made up for each evening.
- Make up envelopes for each night’s profits.
- The bar manager will collect and deposit the funds.
- Money is to be kept in the cash box in the locked fridge.
- Ensure that the auditorium is cleaned at the end of each show and the hearing assist system put away.
- At strike ensure that the FOH concession and fridge are cleaned up.
- Place remaining stock of pop and water in the green room fridge.
- Coffee supplies can go up to the clubroom.
- Leave 4 programs in the office to be kept for archives.
- For the 1st and 2nd plays the unused programs are to be returned to Wayside Press for recycling.
- For the 3rd (festival) play of the season ensure that the left over programs are kept for the Festival productions.
- If you have keys return them to the admin producer or key master.
There is to be no disposal or sale of any asset of Powerhouse Theatrical Society, without the express permission of a department head or director. There are no exceptions to this policy. This includes but is not limited to props, sound equipment, lighting equipment, tools or costumes.