Job Description – Membership Coordinator
(Created January 2019)
The Membership Coordinator supports the Powerhouse Theatrical Society to assist in the delivery of its programs and services by ensuring a diverse pool of members. This includes directly coordinating members and/or providing guidance, support, resources and tools to members.
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to non-profit theatre
- Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing/spreadsheet expertise
- Data base management
- Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the membership program.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to manage the membership program
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule,
Duties and Responsibilities
The Member Coordinator will perform some or all the following duties:
- Goals and objectives for the membership program as set by the Board are completed on an annual basis
- Plan and organize the membership program including but not limited to member recruitment efforts, orientation, training, and retention.
- Responsible for the management of the “buddy” program for new members
- Stays within budget limits as set by the Board.
- Responds to inquiries from the public regarding membership at Powerhouse.
- Identify with producers assignments that provide meaningful work for new and experienced members.
- With the VP Productions ensure that members are given appropriate training to be successful in their positions
- Assist with conflict resolution among members according to established policy and procedures of the Society
- Presents to the Board a plan for formal and informal recognition activities to recognize the contribution of members to the organization
- Prepare an annual report on the contribution of the membership program to the Society
Liaise as needed with:
- Membership Director
- Board of Directors
- VP Productions
There is to be no disposal or sale of any asset of Powerhouse Theatrical Society, without the express permission of a department head or director. There are no exceptions to this policy. This includes but is not limited to props, sound equipment, lighting equipment, tools or costumes.