A new play created especially for the Powerhouse Theatre, exploring the remarkable life, art and legacy of Vernon’s Sveva Caetani.
Written by professional Playwright Janet Munsil
Directed by professional Director Kevin McKendrick*
*The participation of this artist is arranged by permission of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association under the provisions of the Dance. Opera. Theatre Policy (DOT).
Performance dates: October 18 – 28, 2017
Open Public Reading at Powerhouse Theatre: Friday, June 2, 7:00pm
Auditions at Powerhouse Theatre: Saturday, June 3; Callbacks Sunday, June 4
To schedule an audition time, please call 250-542-0330 on Thursday May 25, Saturday May 27, or Monday May 29 between 3pm – 6pm
There are over 20 parts for all ages in the production. This will be an ensemble production featuring spoken text, mime, choral work, live sound effects and music, plus many other techniques. The rehearsal periods will be August 28 to September 1 (Optional), and September 10 to October 17.
- Please be on time for your scheduled audition. We expect a full day of auditions so it will be difficult to accommodate latecomers.
- Audition forms will be available for you to complete on your arrival for your audition.
- Please bring a photograph of yourself from the shoulders up to attach to your audition form. Any quality will suffice. We’d just like to remember your smiling face!
- Please be prepared with a memorized 2-3 minute contemporary monologue.
- Although this is not a musical, song and instrumentation will be incorporated into the show. If you play a musical instrument, please bring it along and be prepared to play an excerpt from a song of your choice.
- Similarly, you may be asked to sing, so prepare a song if you can. However, if you are uncomfortable singing, do not fret. A bit of Happy Birthday or Oh Canada will be just fine. Need further information? Leave a message on the Powerhouse phone 250-542-3003